The Industry 4.0 has led the way for information and telecommunications technology (ICT) to penetrate all aspects of socio-economic life. Therefore, ICT has gradually become one of the spearheads of the country’s development strategy. In that context, University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City (UEH) has actively promoted applied research activities to bring technology into the service of business management at different levels. In addition, UEH also advocates building a specialized training program in Software Technology (ST) with the motto of linking training content with social needs, especially the needs for technology application in the current context of business, and take that as a highlight for the school’s IT training activities.
The ST program at University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City (UEH) is built according to international advanced standards with the goal of training bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, majoring in Software Technology with comprehensive knowledge of IT, necessary knowledge on management and business as well as skills in applying IT to socio-economic issues, providing high-quality software engineering human resources with solid expertise and professional skills to meet the needs of economic and social development in the new era.
Besides basic knowledge of software engineering, such as analysis, design, programming, testing, planning and software project management, learners are also provided with knowledge about new computing platforms and technologies, and at the same time are trained in expertise and skills at UEH’s partner organizations and businesses. Thereby, helping learners improve their ability to stick to reality, access the latest technology standards, and improve competitiveness and international integration to best meet the increasing demands of society.
- Software technology
- Software quality assurance and control
- Software project management
- Cloud computing
- Service-oriented software architecture
- Software Development Web, Desktop, Mobile
- Information security
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning and data mining
- Technology and innovation
The distinction of ST program in UEH
- UEH trains software technology in the direction of producing software products for management and business activities in organizations and enterprises. In addition to knowledge of technology, learners are also equipped with economic knowledge and skills to apply to solve socio-economic problems. Immediately upon graduation, learners will be able to participate in development or maintenance of software products that effectively meet the enterprises’ practical requirements. Currently, the profession of software development for business helps earn a quite attractive income and is easy to find jobs at major software firms in Silicon Valley of the United States, such as: HP, Google, Oracle, Facebook, VMware, IBM.
- In other universities, students majoring in this major often learn more about technology so that when they graduate they can make software for social life, such as automatic control software, monitoring, measurement, telecommunications… However, the requirement for professional knowledge is specific to the field of management and business. Graduates from the aforementioned schools when participating in software development for these fields usually would have to take an average of 2 years to acquire additional professional knowledge.
- Graduates can work as software developers at software companies; specialists in software analysis, design, programming, administration and maintenance at enterprises; researchers, develop and apply information technology solutions in business and management at domestic and international enterprises, agencies and organizations. In particular, students can continue to study at higher levels of IT under UEH’s program, or a joint program between UEH and CityU (USA) and NCKU (Taiwan).
- Currently, UEH closely associates with enterprises in software technology, especially software technology for business and management such as: FPT, Microsoft, Global CyberSoft, FAST… ensuring the supply of the labor market for UEH graduates majoring in software technology.