The e-commerce sector in Vietnam is now experiencing strong growth and increasingly contributing to the socio-economic development of the country. E-commerce market has become more active as many new businesses enter the competition with giant e-marketplaces such as Lazada, Tiki, Sendo <! – more ->, Zalora, etc. In addition, foreign investment funds and corporations also actively invest in commodity exchanges and e-commerce sites in the country. And in the meantime, the number of Internet users in Vietnam is increasing rapidly, and use of social networks and mobile platforms to support market and management research has become more and more popular. This is an important premise for e-commerce development with many new forms in the future.
The e-commerce program at the University of Economics of Ho Chi Minh City (UEH) is built in accordance with international advanced standards with the goal of training Bachelor of Economics and e-commerce with a comprehensive knowledge of doing business online, strong and professional skills, to meet the needs of economic and social development in the new era on highly qualified e-commerce human resources.
In addition to two groups of background knowledge in Information Technology such as: Database, Database, Business Information System and Business Background, Management such as Marketing, Customer Behavior, Customer Relationship Management, Supply Chain Management, etc. Students will be equipped with e-commerce expertise, including: Internet Services, eCommerce Strategies, Ecommerce Website Development, E-commerce, e-commerce security, e-payment systems, e-commerce project management, digital marketing, e-commerce market research, business intelligence.
After completing the program, students have the ability to:
- Develop and implement e-business strategies and e-commerce projects at the enterprise. </ li>
- Design, develop and administer websites as well as e-commerce platforms. </ li>
- Exploit and apply novel technology applications in e-commerce. </ li>
- Apply digital marketing tools to promote business products, services and brands. </ li>
- Solve problems arising in e-commerce, including issues in e-commerce such as electronic transaction, electronic payment, confidentiality and security of information in e-commerce activities. </ li>
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of all e-commerce activities at the enterprise. </ li>
Graduates majored in e-commerce are responsible for the following positions:
- Experts or managers in businesses providing e-commerce solutions.</ li>
- Experts or managers in organizations and business units that carry out e-commerce activities. </ li>
- Managing Digital Marketing in business units.</ li>
- Expert or manager in state agencies specialized in e-commerce management.</ li>
- Research, teaching specialized e-commerce at research institutes, universities, colleges and professional secondary schools.</ li>
Candidates have graduated from high school or equivalent under the regulations of the Ministry of Education and Training (MOET), passed the national high school exam in 2017 with acceptable results of required test subjects under the selection of UEH, including those of A00, A01, D01, D90; of which: the coefficient of the Mathematics subject is 2.